I retired from the United States Navy as a Master Chief Petty Officer in 1997 from the Oak Knoll Naval Hospital in Oakland, CA. After completing the appropriate securities exams I associated with Financial West Group as a Registered Representative in Walnut Creek, CA. I moved back east in 1998 and opened a branch office as a Registered Principal for Bayside Financial in Middletown, RI. In 2003 I returned to my home of Williamsport, PA and opened a branch office for Bayside Financial. I established Compass Investments LLC in 2006 as a Registered Investment Advisor firm. I chose to exit the registered representative part of the financial services industry because I prefer having a fiduciary responsibility to my clients’ that only the Registered Advisor is required to have.
My management of money is centered on five basic principles:
- People always want to have their money at least rise in value enough to beat inflation.
- Everyone is an individual that views money on a personal level that is unique to only them.
- My responsibility is to invest my client’s money based on their individual goals and their personal risk tolerance.
- IF you are going to stay awake every night worrying about your investments, you should have your money in a bank, not a market.
- Over the long term, the potential to increase the value of your money has been proven by historical returns, if you have made the right investments.
If you believe that the above principles are in keeping with your investment guidelines and preferences please contact me to initiate a discussion.